5/21/12

My Weekend in Instagram 5/19

 
 
 

 
 

Photos 1,2, and 3 are from a local bands show on Saturday night. Dr Philgood and the Lets Get It Ons.
I loved their neon tip sign.  They're a fairly indie band, with a dj. That's the guy you see with the puppet. He's so full of energy. Even if you don't like the music, you can't help but get up and dance!

Photo 4 was frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf. 
What are those little colored ball that pop and explode like a Gusher in your mouth? They have like 3 flavors. Not sure what they are, but they're my new favorite topping. Nomm nomm.

The last two were of the eclipse last night. The part of Texas I'm in was lucky enough to get the tail end of it. The moon was passing over the sun just as the sun was setting. The photos are a little darker than they should be. No filters were used, but the only way to get something besides a completely orange/yellow circle was to use my sunglasses. Yes, I used my sunglasses as a lens! Held them up in front of the camera to get the bright glow down. The first one is quite a bit darker than what it was. The second one isn't too far off. The sunset was a gorgeous pink/orange glow. 

Did anyone else get a chance to see the solar eclipse? 

3 comments:

  1. I saw the solar eclipse! It was really, really cool. We had just had a storm, so afterward the sky was particularly beautiful, and there was a rainbow! It was magical.

    PS: That frozen yogurt just made me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! We didn't get to see the solar eclipse, thanks for sharing your pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see the eclipse, but it was sooooo bright here in Chicago. I rigged a paper towel tube telescope so I could look at it, but none of my pictures turned out. My poor little camera didn't know what to do with all of that light.

    ReplyDelete