4/29/12

Shirley


Photo by ME! taken at Edgefest in Frisco, TX.

Ah. Shirley Manson. The front woman for Garbage.
Last weekend in Dallas was Edgefest. An all day music festival put on by the local hard rock radio station there. I didn't know who half the bands were, but the ones I did know of were a mix of ones I didn't care about either way, and ones I loved. Garbage, Cake, Blue October, Arctic Monkeys, Foxy Shazam, Ting Tings, Cage the Elephant, Black Keys, Evanescence, Switchfoot, and many more were there. With pieces of the lineup, it almost seemed like a 90's music festival. The main reason I wanted to go was... GARBAGE.

When I watched MTV on in the 90's, it was hoping to catch a glimpse of 'Happy When It Rains', or 'Stupid Girl'. When  Romeo and Juliet came out? I flipped out about '#1 Crush' being a part of that.
I was one of the many girls who didn't just like their music, I wanted to BE Shirley Manson. Her beauty, her voice, and her style can't be matched by anyone I can remember from that time.
 
Photo from the Dallas Observer 
Clearly, you can see she still has that unique style that's always caught the attention of many.

       
     
Images via Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment